Where should I receive medical treatment after an accident?

It is very important to seek treatment for your injuries as soon as possible, which usually should begin at a local hospital emergency room or at an urgent care. Follow-up treatment should be with a physician that has knowledge of your health history such as your primary care physician or your family doctor. You may be contacted by chiropractors who have obtained the accident report from the public records, but it is important to seek treatment with a medical practitioner who you trust and who is familiar with your medical history.